Tips For Boiler Maintenance
- MAKE SURE IT GETS SERVICED!
An experienced technician can ensure your boiler is not only reliable but efficient too, saving you money on running costs in the longer term.
- DO YOUR BIT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!
Properly set up, your gas boiler will omit less pollutants than one which is burning badly.
- PUT A SERVICING SCHEDULE IN PLACE!
Or better still, let us worry about. Our service department will contact you whenever your boiler is due for maintenance and arrange a convenient time that suits you.
- KEEP A LOG BOOK!
Just like a car, keep on top of all repairs, parts used and recommendations from our experienced technicians.
- PAY ATTENTION TO IT NOW AND THEN!
Keep an eye on vegetation growth around gas flue outlets or ventilation points. A blocked flue or lack of air flow can cause your boiler to burn badly and give off dangerous fumes.
- CHECK FOR LEAKS EVERY NOW AND THEN!
Leaking pipes will only get worse over time and can cause severe damage to the boiler and its surroundings.
- KEEP AN EYE ON SAFETY VALVES!
Safety valves are there for a reason. If you notice one which is weeping it may be in need of replacement or your boiler may be operating overpressure.
- BE AWARE OF YOUR WHS RESPONSIBILITIES! Steam boilers should be maintained as per the manufacturers specifications and internally inspected annually.
- NEVER ATTEMPT TO MAINTAIN A BOILER YOURSELF!
It’s great to have an understanding of your boiler but it’s best to leave its maintenance in the hands of our fully trained, experienced technicians.